OOTW - Melaleuca
With all of the new oil excitement that's been in the air, this week I want to feature an oil that has remained a staple in my collection. Melaleuca (also known at tea tree) is an extremely versatile oil and always good to have on hand.
Melaleuca oil comes from the leaves of the Melaleuca tree and is known for its purifying properties. This oil blends well with many oils - such as peppermint, lemon, and eucalyptus. These are some of my favorite uses:
- For skin irritations apply 1-2 drops to area. Great for all those scrape prone kiddies!
- Great for hair due to its topical cleansing, rejuvenating, and purifying properties. Strips hair of those icky chemicals they put in hair products and brings out natural shine!
- Apply to skin after shaving to fight razorbumps
- Add 1-2 drops to water to support healthy immune system function
- Use as a toner to fight breakouts and kill bacteria
- Apply to cuticles and nails to strengthen nails
I really love what Melaleuca does for the skin and have been able to save so much money on skin products. If your skin is feeling dull and congested, try this easy DIY face mask:
- 2 teaspoons of bentonite clay
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 drop of melaleuca
- 1 drop of lavender
- 1 drop of frankincense
Mix together all ingredients (add another tablespoon of clay for a thicker mask) and leave on for 10-15 minutes or until dry!
If you're getting started, this is a great oil to have in your growing collection. If interested in ordering, feel free to use my contact page!
- Essentially Bee