OOTW - Peppermint
It's finally December - which means Christmas is here! Peppermint is one of those scents that puts me in the Christmas spirit, it not only smells good - but has a ton of uses, which is why it's this weeks OOTW.
Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene, Peppermint also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function when taken internally. Here's some ways to incorporate Peppermint into your daily oil routine:
- Mix 1 drop of Peppermint oil and 1 drop of Lemon oil in a small glass of water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Add to any drink or baked good for a refreshing twist.
- Put 1-2 drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
- Apply to palms and inhale for a boost of energy.
- If your skin is feeling extra dry, add a few drops to your body lotion for extra moisture.
Since we correlate Peppermint with treats - here's a yummy AND healthy protein filled brownie recipe!
Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2–4 drops Peppermint oil
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 8x8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30–35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
If you're interested in purchasing this oil or have any questions - use my contact form!
- Essentially Bee