OOTW - Cinnamon Bark
It's October and cinnamon spice is everywhere - from our coffee to our bath products! It is derived from a tropical, evergreen tree that grows up to 45 feet high. Extracted from the bark, Cinnamon oil supports healthy metabolic function and helps boost your immune system.
Here are some helpful uses for Cinnamon oil:
- Add 2 drops to water for a nightly bacteria killing mouth rinse
- Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to cold, achey joints
- Put 2 drops in a Veggie Capsule to take internally to support immune and metabolic function
- Add a few drops to your natural household cleaning products for a deeper clean
- Diffuse for its purifying abilities
- Add to your coffee or baked goods (will be posting my favorite recipes this week!)
**Due to its high content of cinnamaldehyde, Cinnamon should always be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin.
Some of my favorite oils to diffuse with Cinnamon Bark are: Clove, Ginger, Bergamot, Wild Orange, and Ylang Ylang!
Cinnamon has a way of comforting us and helps ease us into colder weather - not only will your house smell great, but you're protecting yourself and your family too.
- Essentially Bee