10 Benefits of Lemon Oil Upon Rising
Do you have issues with digestion, sleep, or energy? You may want to look at how much water you are drinking daily.
I primarily drink water - there are many benefits of water and proper hydration. But did you know the many benefits of drink a full glass of water with lemon immediately upon waking? This should be the first thing you do in the morning, before you eat and workout. Adding this step to my routine before I go workout has given me visible results! I use 1 drop of my lemon essential oil (remember all brands NOT created equal) in my water to jumpstart not only my energy but my digestive and lymphatic systems as well! I encourage you to challenge yourself to try it today and keep a journal to write down your results over a 10 day period. Here are the many benefits of adding lemon to your water and drinking it upon waking:
1. Clears Skin - According to many studies, lemon contains antioxidants that help in compensating dead skin cells. It also heals blemishes, and fights any free radical that could potentially harm the skin. Finally, it helps in the fight against bacteria that cause blemishes, it revitalizes the damaged ski, it delays the process of aging and it leads to youthful and more glowing skin.
2. Cleanses Your System - Lemon juice has the ability to cleanse your entire system, flushing out harmful chemicals and toxins. We come into contact with toxins everyday whether we like it or not- in our foods, air, and even in the receipt paper that gets handed to us! Lemonwater increases urination to flush all toxins. In addition, lemon water helps in increasing the production of enzymes that stimulate liver detoxification function.
2. Promotes Better Digestion - Lemon juice produces citric acids which are good for the entire digestive system and help in cramps and stomach discomfort. According to many studies, lemon water improves the absorption of aluminum hydroxide, an antacids active ingredient which then helps in controlling the acid level in the stomach.
3. Boosts Brain Power - Lemon is rich in magnesium and potassium, making it a great ingredient for the brain and the entire nervous system.
Moreover, it can boost energy level and improve your mood because it combats feelings of stress and sadness. It helps you concentrate and focus better. Great for everyone especially those that work, have strenuous schedules, and students!
4. Balances pH levels - Lemon contains both ocitric and ascorbic acid helps to alkalize the blood, and as a result they have the ability to balance the acidity in the body. According to many studies, when the body`s pH is acidic is the time when disease occur. Regular consumption of lemon water can regulate the acidity in the body and thus, and help the body prevent disease.
5. Hydrates Your Lymph System - The lymph system has a huge role in our body’s immune system. It the body is dehydrated, you will notice the symptoms of sluggishness, tiredness and a drop in the immune system, leading to low/high blood pressure, constipation, stress, low energy level, unfocused mind, and bad sleep.
6. Natural Breath Freshness - The lemon is a citrus fruit that is very refreshing and it gives a fresh scent. It relieves bad breath.
7. Promotes Healing - First of all, lemons are rich in antioxidant that delay the process of aging, thus reduce the risk of cancer cells. Moreover, it s a good neutralizer acid which prevents acidic environment, the one in which cancer cells grow and multiply. Lemon water has the ability to heal scars and blemishes. Besides that, it helps in healing and maintaining healthy tissues, cartilages and bones.
9. Boosts Your Immune System - It is a well-known fact that lemon is one of the best sources of vitamin C. As a result, it increases immune system resistance to diseases and it helps in fighting a cough or runny nose. It is rich in potassium as well, a mineral that helps in controlling blood pressure levels.
10. Helps in Weight Loss - Lemon is a great ingredient when it comes to dieting and weight loss process because it contains pectin, a set of polysaccharides with gel-properties, a fiber helping fight cravings for food. According to a research, people who follow an alkaline diet tend to lose weight much faster.
Do yourself a favor and drink water with Lemon daily!
- Essentially Bee